Questions? Contact Lior at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-317-7810
Dates and Locations:
June 4 – 8: Coventry Clubhouse (5985 South Coventry Ln E, Littleton, CO 80123)
June 11 – 15: Jefferson Unitarian Church (14350 W 32nd Ave, Golden, CO 80401)
June 25 – 29: Central Christian Church (3690 Cherry Creek S Dr, Denver, CO 80209)
July 9 – 13: National American University, Aurora (350 N Blackhawk St, Aurora, CO 80011)
Early-bird bonus: Register by Saturday, March 31st, and your child or children will receive a FREE one-hour online group chess lesson with National Master Lior Lapid!
Full-day: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., $315
Half-day morning: 9:00 a.m. –12:00 p.m., $180
Half-day afternoon: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., $180
Sibling Discount: Full-Day: $60 off ($30 per child) for siblings. Half-Day: $30 off ($15 per child)
Chess boards, t-shirts, and certificates included for ALL participants!
About the Head Instructor:
Lior Lapid is a two-time Colorado State Chess Champion (2015 and 2016), three-time NM State Chess Champion, and former K-9 and K-12 National Champion. He has over 20 years of experience teaching chess to children and has been the head coach at chess camps in Israel, New York, Virginia, New Mexico, and Colorado. He presented a talk on chess training and motivation for children at the 2011 Koltanowski Conference on Chess and Education, the second chess education conference in North America. Lior has been featured twice in the United State Chess Federation’s “Chess Life” Magazine and received an “Outstanding Coach” endorsement by the New Mexico Chess Organization in 2012.
Chess camp description: Time is divided equally between learning and playing, and students are divided into groups (after a preliminary assessment) based on skill level. We will have one 20-minute recess in the morning and another in the afternoon, during which kids will get plenty of exercise playing games like soccer, basketball, capture the flag, and more. Water and healthy snacks will be provided during each recess. Lunch is from 12:00-1:00 p.m. each day; full-day students must bring their own lunch. Half-day students are welcome to stay for lunch as well.
- Students learn chess lessons and life lessons from some of the most famous games in chess history, with entertaining move-by-move analysis and fun “Guess-the-Move” chessercizes
- Students learn tactics and strategies in all phases of chess (opening, middlegame, endgame)
- Group challenges and presentations reinforce students’ teamwork and leadership skills
- Special activities like bughouse (team chess), battleship chess, piece mazes, chess stories and riddles, creative problem-composing and problem-solving, and more
- On the last day of chess camp (Friday) at 3:30 p.m. we will have group presentations for parents and an awards ceremony with prizes for all! Each camper will receive their own tournament chess set, a PALS Chess Academy t-shirt and a personalized certificate.