PALS K-6 Tournament, May 20th
PALS Chess Academy runs seasonal chess tournaments in Denver, directed by current Colorado State Champion and PALS Head Coach Lior Lapid. Our friendly and exciting K-6 chess tournaments take place at Platte River Academy (4085 Lark Sparrow St, Littleton, Co 80126) and are free for first-time participants.
The main tournament begins at 9am and will end at approximately 1:00pm, with a lunch break from 11:15am-12:15pm (send a packed lunch or pick up your child at this time). There will be an awards ceremony from 1:15-1:30pm, and an optional “Bughouse” (team chess) event from 1:45-2:45pm at no extra charge.
- Simultaneous Exhibition: For the first time in PALS tournament history, Head Coach and two-time CO State Champion, National Master Lior Lapid, will play a simultaneous exhibition against any interested kids and parents. This event is optional and will take place after the main tournament (around 1:30)!
- Trophies or medals for ALL participants!
- Check or Treat?: Get ready for the return of Maria’s home-baked chess cookies in the shapes of all the chess pieces! We’ll also provide water and lemonade.
- Chess Trivia Challenge with prizes
- Challenging Chess Mazes on the giant outdoor chess set!
- Non-elimination, everyone plays all four rounds
- Special prizes include “Chess Queen” trophy for the girl with the top score, “David vs Goliath” trophy to top K-1 participant, “Outstanding Sportsmanship” and “Outstanding Game” medals.
- Seating will be available for parents who wish to stay at the tournament.