K-6 Tournament on Saturday, October 28
Kids may dress up in pre-Halloween costumes to scare their opponents!
PALS Chess Academy runs seasonal chess tournaments in Denver, directed by current Colorado State Champion and PALS Head Coach Lior Lapid. Our friendly and exciting K-6 chess tournaments take place at Platte River Academy (4085 Lark Sparrow St, Littleton, Co 80126) and are free for first-time participants.
Players should arrive by 9:00 a.m. and the last round will end by approximately 1:00 p.m. There will be an awards ceremony from 1:15-1:30 p.m., and an optional simultaneous exhibition (see below) will follow.
- Simultaneous Exhibition: For the first time in PALS tournament history, Head Coach and two-time CO State Champion, National Master Lior Lapid, will play a simultaneous exhibition against any interested kids and parents. This event is optional and will take place after the main tournament (around 1:30)!
- Trophies or medals for ALL participants!
- Check or Treat?: Get ready for the return of Maria’s home-baked chess cookies in the shapes of all the chess pieces! We’ll also provide water and lemonade.
- Chess Trivia Challenge with prizes
- Challenging Chess Mazes on the giant outdoor chess set!
- Non-elimination, everyone plays all four rounds
- Special prizes include “Chess Queen” trophy for the girl with the top score, “David vs Goliath” trophy to top K-1 participant, “Outstanding Sportsmanship” and “Outstanding Game” medals.
- Seating will be available for parents who wish to stay at the tournament.